Resources [Next Gen] Follow
Resources are a repository for commonly used documents your agents may need to access, such as policy statements, memorandums, standard agreements, and more. Storing files here gives your agents easy remote access to any files they may require while at home or in the field. Supported file types for Resources include Links, Documents, Photos and SSO. Resources can be classified into Categories for better visual organization and ease of use across the brokerage.
Resources are easily accessed through the Dashboard. When creating Resources, Brokers have the ability to choose which Resources to display on the dashboard. In addition, Resources can be configured to display only to certain users, such as Admins only, or users in particular Offices.
Step by Step
View a Resource
From the Dashboard, choose the category that the resource is under and select the resource you're looking for.
- First, choose your category and hit the arrow next to it for the drop-down of all resources under that category
- Select the Resource you need, which will open up a new tab with the resource.
- Lastly, simply download the file and use it from there.
Create a Resource Category
Resource Categories make it possible for you to better organize your resources in
Note: This is an admin or broker only feature. While agents are able to view the categories that have been created as well as the documents under those categories, only brokers are able to create and rearrange these categories.
- To get to the Resource Management page, either scroll down to the Resources section on the dashboard and click 'View All' or click on your user profile dropdown (in the upper right corner of the navigation) and select "Resources" from that dropdown menu.
- Click 'Manage Categories'.
- If you want to create a top level category, click 'New Category'. If you want to create a subcategory under a pre-existing top level category (similar to a sub-folder in a file manager), click 'Add New Subcategory'.
- Fill in the Category Title and be sure to set the right permissions level.
Note: We recommend setting this equivalent to the document with the highest level of permissions in the category. For example, if your category will have a document that the entire brokerage can access and another document that only agents in a specific office has access to, the best practice is to set the permissions for the category to provide access to everyone in the brokerage and scope the specific document's access to the reduced level.
Create a New Resource
Note: The ability to create, edit, and manage resources is an admin or broker only feature.
- Go to the resource management page by clicking "View All" in the dashboard resources section or by accessing "Resources" from your profile dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the navigation bar.
- On the Resources page, click 'Create'.
- Fill in the information about your resource, select your resource type, and upload the necessary file or link the appropriate URL.
- To group the resource into a category you have already created, select the appropriate category from the "Category" dropdown.
- In the permissions section, make sure to set the desired permissions for the resource by the user type as well as the offices that should have access to the resource. If you want the resource to be available to all within the brokerage, check on all the user types and Select All for the office access dropdown.
- If you would like to display this resource on the dashboard, make sure to check on "Display in Dashboard Resources Section".
- Fill in the information necessary, who has permission to view it, etc.
- Hit 'Create'!
Note: this is a broker and admin only feature.
Once a resource has been created, you can go in and edit the resource by navigating to the Resource Management page and clicking Edit. To rearrange the order in which the resources appear within a folder and as an extension, the dashboard, drag and drop to re-prioritize your resources. You can also click "Delete" to delete your resource permanently if it is no longer needed, or edit the resource and uncheck "Display in Dashboard Resources Section" if you would like to keep the resource in the resource management view but hide it from the dashboard.
Managing Resource Categories
Note: this is a broker and admin only feature.
Similar to managing resources, you can also manage your resource categories by navigating to the Resource Management page and clicking on Resource Categories. In this view, you will have the ability to edit, delete, or rearrange (via drag and drop) the order in which the resource categories appear.
What are the supported file types for document uploads?
- Popular image formats such as .jpg, gif .png
- Document formats such as .doc, .docx, .txt, .pdf
- Spreadsheet formats such as .xls, .xlsx, .xlr
See full list: jpg, jpeg, gif, png, swf, pdf, doc, docx, rtf, txt, wpd, wps, pps, ppt, pptx, csv, xls, xlsx, xlr, zip, pub, rar, tar, gz
Why can't my agents see a certain resource?
Please confirm that the resource is set to display on the dashboard (if it is accessible to the agent but not on the dashboard), and that the agent is included within the role types and offices that have been granted access to this resource. If the resource is a Single-Sign-On (SSO) integration with a 3rd party, the agent may not have an account with the 3rd party integrated platform.
What happens if I delete a Category with resources in it?
In this case, the category will be successfully deleted and the resources that previously belonged to the category will be move to an Uncategorized grouped.
Difference between Agent and Broker
Only brokers have the option to manage and create new Resources. Agents can only view, download, and use Resources.