Creating a single Contact in CRM is easy. The most important thing to remember is to enter as much Primary Information as possible. If you forget something (like their birthday!), you can always add it later with the Edit feature.
Step by Step
Creating a Contact
admin > contacts tab
Creating a contact allows you to input the client into your CRM. When adding a Contact, you can also do things like assign the Contact to an Agent or add information about their move timeline.
- Click "Contacts" from the navigation bar
- Click “Create”
- Fill out all primary information for contact:
- First Name (required)
- Last Name (required)
- Phone Number
- Email (strongly recommended)
- Password (required)
- Confirm Password (required)
- Select "Send an email confirmation to contact" if you'd like the Contact to receive an email with their username and password information. This allows the contact to access their account. When they use their account on your website, you can see what homes they are interested in.
- Fill out any additional information
- Click "Create Contact"
Editing a Contact
To edit a current Contact:
- Click "Contacts", search for the Contact you wish to change
- Click on the pencil icon to the right of the Contact
- Add, edit or remove any information you desire
- Click "Update" in the upper right-hand corner to save your changes.
Deleting a Contact
To delete a Contact: More information can be found here
- Click the Contacts tab
- Search for the contact you wish to delete
- Click on the trash can icon to the right of the Contact
- Click "Yes" on the prompt to acknowledge that you want to delete this Contact.
*Warning: once you have deleted a Contact, you cannot recover it or any of its information.
This section includes the most basic information about the client, like their name and how to contact them. It also includes the contact assignment. This is where you can information like if the client is buying or selling, the status of the contact, and which agent is assigned to the contact.
- In order to create a custom status for your contact read more here
The contact details section includes areas to add important information about the client's timeline for moving. You can also include information about their current housing situation and their price range, to give the agent a better understanding of what the client will be looking for.
Here you can put in the current address of the client, as well as the company they work for. This can be useful if you need to mail anything to the client.
Here you can change a client's email preferences. You can send them Daily Rental Search Email, Daily Sales Search Emails, or Campaigns and Newsletters emails. You can also create a new kind of email to be sent to them. You can do this by clicking "Add additional emails." It is important that the settings are tailored for the email preferences of the client - you don't want to overwhelm with emails that aren't helpful!
In this section, you can add some miscellaneous information about the client, like where they heard about your brokerage of their birthday.
This section will detail the history of this contact record. It will note things such as when the Contact was created, who created it, and any dates where information was changed.
If there is more information you would like to edit you can add a custom contact field, learn how to do that here
Q: Is it possible to create more than one contact at a time?
A: Yes, by using our Bulk Import tools. Click here to learn more.
How does this differ for agents?
Admin, Broker, and Agent level users can all create, edit, or delete contacts. Admin and Broker level users can edit and delete all leads while Agent level users can edit or delete their own contacts.