We all know how it feels to find a page and receive the error 404 messages. There are two different formats for Error 404 on the Propertybase platform: Standard Error 404 (Page Not Found) and Error 404 Properties (Property Not Found). In addition to customizing the appearance of the, there is also room to address SEO and add additional options such as search bars.
Step by Step
admin > website tab > type "404" in search bar > edit button next to page
- Starting by choosing the website tab
- Type "404" in the search bar
- Hover over the right-hand side next to the page that it is to be edited
- Select edit and follow the web page content design
* To test these pages, add "/404" or "/404-property" to the end of your web address*
1. Select the Website Page Tab.
2. Type "404" in the search bar to locate all associated "404" pages.
3. Select "Edit" on the desired page:
- Page Title Header - Add a desired Name for the Page being made
- Upload Image - Upload an image if desired.
- Content Block - Add all necessary content for this page based on your business needs.
4. Here are the following options when Editing a Page:
- CMS Content - Main settings, body, and headlines for this webpage
- Page Name
- Image and Content
- SEO - Search Engine Optimization Settings
- SEO Content
- Footer settings for search
- Widgets - Widgets that are available to leads or unsigned in guests
- Side Bars
- Templates & JS - Area to add additional script or content to be displayed on the page, these are not required.
- Customer content
- Java Script
Editing Page for Property Missing 404:
5. Here is an example of a Standard page "Page doesn't exist"
6. Here is an example of the Standard "404 Page":
Error 404 - The page that is attempting to be accessed is not available under the current pathway. The page could have been removed, changed, or expired.
Q: Why is there two different Error 404 pages?
A: The Property 404 Error page is used to show that a property is no longer available or the listing has expired. The general Error 404 page is there for all other pages that can just not be reached due to the link being broken, expired, or removed.
How does this differ for agents?
Admin and broker level users will have access to this option.