Importing all of your contacts is the quickest way to make sure all of your clients are easily accessible in one place.
Step by Step
To Import Contacts
admin > contacts > create bulk import
- Click the "Contacts" tab at the top of the page and then click the drop-down button to the right of the "Create" button. Select "Bulk Import".
- Import Options can be helpful when integrating the contacts already on the platform to the ones that you are currently uploading. Consider selecting the "Update Existing Contacts" button. This button will make sure that you don't make two separate contacts for one person- it can get confusing!
- The import file is important because you need to select which contact form you will be uploading. Google Import is a one time upload, or you can upload the contacts via the sample .CSV that is provided. This sample .CSV is also available via a yellow button to the right that allows you to download a template. It's imperative to ensure that your contact header fields match the sample .CSV to ensure a successful upload.
To Export Contacts
admin > contacts > export
- If you want to export contacts, go back to the main Contacts page. In the gray title bar, select the checkbox to the left of the contacts to be exported
- From the yellow bar that appears, click on Export
- After selecting Export, a popup window will request an email to be provided
- The time that it takes to receive the Export depends on how many contacts are being processed.
Q: What file formats are produced upon export?
A: Files are best imported in and exported as .CSV (comma separated values) which can be opened in Excel or Google Sheets.
Q: How can I best succeed with uploading documents?
A: The best practice for uploading documents is to download the sample .CSV and fill out the document. This will ensure that the appropriate categories are listed. In addition to the appropriate categories being offered, there is also set options for each, which will match up to the CRM. These are listed toward the bottom of the .CSV. Once the document has been filled out, ensure to clear the definitions text.
How does this differ for agents?
Admin, Broker, and Agent level users are able to upload and download contacts. Agent level users are only able to upload and export their own contacts while Admins and Brokers have access to all contacts.