The lead ownership model affects the workflow of lead creation/assignment, lead history and website activity records, the admin view, LogicScore calculations, lead management, transactions, and email marketing.
Some front-end page and form views will also change accordingly for leads with a secondary record.
In an exclusive lead ownership model, only one agent is assigned to and working with each lead. With the shared ownership model, multiple agents can be working with the same lead. The web browsing history will be shared across records, but all other lead-specific information is confidential to the lead owner. See below for additional` details.
Step by Step
With the shared ownership lead model, we will also introduce the concept of a primary lead.
Primary vs. Non-Primary
- A Primary Lead is the first lead record created with a given email address.
- Non-primary leads are duplicates of a primary lead and will have slightly less visibility into a lead’s activity.
- A Primary Agent is the agent that is assigned to a primary lead and is determined on how the lead is created
How primary lead records are created
When a new/primary lead record is created, the primary agent is…
- Lead created manually
- The agent who created the lead
- Lead created from a signup/contact form on the website.
- The agent that the lead chose or was assigned via lead routing will be the primary agent.
- Lead created from a 3rd party source.
- Agent on the request or the agent manually assigned.
How to duplicate (non-primary) leads are created and assigned.
When a duplicate lead record is created from a 3rd party:
- If the existing lead record is unassigned, then assign the lead to the agent tied to that request.
- If the existing lead record is assigned to a different agent than the request comes with, a new (duplicate) lead record will be automatically created and tied to the new agent.
Reassigning the Primary Agent
Both leads and admins can change the primary agent for a lead.
If the new agent being set as the primary already has a lead record with the same email address, the agent will become the primary agent and keep all of their own lead record information. The other lead record for which the change was being made will become an unassigned record.
3rd Party Lead Parsers
3rd party lead parsers can assist with lead generation from 3rd party sites. This can be initiated under the settings.
admin > inline menu > settings > lead > lead assignment tab
- To view this setting, start by selecting settings from the inline menu
- Select lead from the configuration menu on the left-hand side
- On the lead assignment tab, check the box for sending welcome emails to leads parsed from 3rd party emails
How does this differ for agents?
This is an option that is available to Admin and Broker level users.