When designing Property Detail Pages, it is important to make sure that the correct data that should be shown is there. This can mean that certain aspects of a property should not show unless a client is logged in to your page which means that they might be more inclined to provide their full information via creating an account.
Step by Step
admin > inline menu > settings > property details fields
- To access this setting, start by selecting Settings from the inline menu
- Near the bottom on the left-hand side menu, there is an option of Property Details Fields.
- Once on this page, there will be multiple changes that can be made:
- MLS: Changes are based on MLS and would need to be changed on each accordingly
- Property Type: Some properties may not have all items apply to them. In this case, uncheck the logged in and logged out view would remove the category altogether.
- Logged In view: What the client will see if they have created an account on the website
- Logged Out view: What anyone will see that does not have an account on the website
- Reorder: Items can be dragged and dropped up and down in priority
4. Once the changes have been made, ensure to save by selecting the "Update" button.
5. Select "Property Details Fields" from the Inline menu, settings option
6. On the Property Details Page Fields, a Broker/Admin has the ability to add custom Field Labels, determine if this should be seen by an end-user (Logged in/Logged out)and/or re-order of the PDP fields.
Example of Property Details Page Fields
Q: Can I add my own fields?
A: Currently, customer's cannot add additional fields. This is due to Propertybase working with MLS and needing consistent categories.
Q: Can I remove something from both views?
A: Yes! To remove an option from both the logged in/logged out option for the field can be in effect removed.
How does this differ for agents?
As this is an option in the settings menu, this is available to admin and broker level users.