It seems that bots are getting smarter with each passing day. Google reCaptchas can be added to our sites to deter Spam leads/inquires as well as testimonials.
Step by Step
admin > profile menu > settings > lead > reCaptcha Check Box
- Prior to accessing this menu within your site Admin section, make sure that you have your Google reCaptcha information ready. This is a quick process that you can cover by going to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create
- Fill out the questions on this page and Select the newest version available, currently Version 3. This new version runs without the clunky boxes and does not require questions or validation. It runs on a score system for user validity.
- After selecting these options, adding in your site URL, and accepting the Terms and Conditions for this, click "Submit".
- The next page will contain the Key and Secret, the two things needed to setup the reCaptcha in the backend of the site.
- Opening a new tab, login to your site if you are not already. Follow this path: admin > profile menu > settings > lead > reCaptcha Check Box
- After this information is added, please ensure to save!
reCaptcha usage for Testimonials:
admin > profile menu > company info > scroll to testimonial section
Another great usage for the reCaptcha is to avoid Spam testimonials being added to pages.
- Once you have added to reCaptcha to the site, you can follow the path: admin > profile menu > company info > scroll to testimonial section
- In this section, you can check the box next to "Force Users Solve A Captcha To Submit Testimonials."
- Again, please ensure to save your changes
Q: Why would I need a reCaptcha?
A: To deter Spam or false leads coming into the system.
Q: Should I use this even if I have Salesforce and Websites?
A: Absolutely, this can remove or deter Spam or false leads being brought in.
Q: Why cannot Clients not submit their forms?
A: Being that the interface for Version 2 and Version 3 are so different, visual and hidden respectively, it is important to make sure that the correct one is checked. Checking or unchecking for the other version can cause forms to not allow for completion.
Q: I have a reCaptcha Version 2 and I am getting Spam. Will Version 3 stop this?
A: Yes and No. We know that bots and other malicious groups try hard everyday to break through internet security and filters. Google is continuously updating reCaptchas to overcome this.