Writing blog posts often is a great way for your website to get noticed by search engines. We build our marketing client blogs on the WordPress platform, which is an easy-to-use posting system that provides tons of great features for SEO.
Here are the basics of publishing a post:
1) From your WordPress Dashboard, select “Posts” from the far left sidebar, then “Add New”
2) Write Your Content. This is where you will write all of your content. It’s important for you to take keywords that you’ve researched (or that Boston Logic has given you!) and use them in your title, and as links to relevant pages on your website in your content.
3) Add an Image. Once you’ve written your blog content, it’s optimal to break up your content for readers with an image: optimizing images is also a great way to boost your site’s SEO potential!
Right above where you write the body of your content, you’ll see an “Add Media” icon. To upload an image, click on the link. From here, a box will pop up in which you can click the “Upload Files” tab to be able to choose an image to upload from your computer. Once it’s uploaded, click on the “Media Library” tab. On the right hand side of the screen, optimize your image by adding Alt Text and a Description that contain keywords that are descriptive of your text – it also helps to have keywords in your Image Title.
4) Tag and Categorize your post. Now that you’ve got the body of your post written, it’s time to Tag and Categorize it. You can find both the Categories and Post Tags section on the far right of your “Edit Post” dashboard.
Your categories should be based on the SEO keywords that you’d like to rank for – select the checkbox next to the appropriate categories that your blog post fits into. These are more broad, and you should only add another category when you anticipate a whole new topic having multiple blog posts.
Tagging allows you to be a bit more descriptive with your posts. Here, you can take the level of detail used to describe your post, to the next level. For real estate SEO for example, let’s say that you’ve written a Featured Listing post on one of your properties in Back Bay, Boston. Check off “Back Bay Apartments”, “Back Bay 2 Bedrooms”, etc. Your “Post Tags” are located right beneath your “Categories”.
5) Fill out the SEO pack fields. Depending on what version of WordPress you have, the All in One SEO Pack may be available. This is a great SEO tool for WordPress that allows you to describe your own content: add a Title, Description, and Keywords – and be sure to include the SEO keywords that you want to rank for in all three sections.
Blogging is an important aspect of your real estate online marketing strategy, and takes a lot of work. Sign up for Boston Logic’s real estate SEO services today to help you blog consistently for website success!