A layout is the skeletal outline of the email, consisting of placeholder components for you to add content to later on. This is a broker/admin only function and is useful for creating a basic structure and setting the look/feel of an email communication while also providing agents with the flexibility to add in content and personalize the email.
Once created, these layouts will be accessible to build on top of when creating new email content or when building a new email/campaign. However, it's important to note that a layout is not a ready-to-be-sent email in and of itself.
To create a new layout:
1. Go to Marketing > Layouts > Create New Layout.
2. In the Layout Builder, start by naming this layout and adding in a subject line. You can also tag this as a certain category to make it easier to identify and find.
3. In the "Add Content" tab, select from the available components to create your email layout. For each component, you can edit the style and text of that section, as well as rearrange components within the layout. You can also lock down certain sections to prevent further editing when building an email content.
Best Practice: Use the text fields to add in helpful prompts/placeholder text that explain what kind of information agents should add in those sections. Lock down certain sections where you would like to specify that certain content is displayed (for example, if a layout for a welcome email should also be titled "Welcome to the team!").
4. Use the Layout Style to put the finishing stylistic touches on this email layout, and then preview how this structural template will look across all devices.
5. Click "Publish" to make this available to add email content to, and "Save as Draft" if you are not done making changes.