All good marketing experts know the first question when starting a marketing campaign is "Who is your target audience?" A marketing list allows you to establish who you will be contacting with your campaign. The beauty of creating a marketing list is that you can establish who would you like to contact in one list and continue to email all the members of that list for future campaigns. You can use marketing lists to segment your book of business into buyers and sellers.
Lists are static assets that will require you to manually add users to a list following the directions below. If you need to add users to a Marketing List through automated actions, you should look at our Smart Lists.
Building and using Lists happens in two phases: Creating the List, and Adding Users to the List.
Phase 1: Creating a Marketing List
1. Go to Email Marketing > Lists
2. Click the Create List button in the upper right-hand corner to create a new list.
3. Name the list and add a description to help you remember what this list is. While a description is optional, we recommend using this to help you keep track of who was added to the list, what it was used for, and other notes so you can easily determine in the future whether you can re-use that list for another marketing campaign.
4. Broker/Admin Only: If you are a broker or admin, you will have to choose whether this list is classified as Company, Personal or Broker/Admin Only. Choosing one of these options will define who in your CRM will have access to this list. By default, any List created by an Agent will automatically be categorized as "Personal."
- Company List: This is intended for all users. Agents can see these lists and also add their leads to them. This is a great way to leverage your team to build lists for marketing campaigns such as company newsletters.
- Personal List: These is intended for individual agents or users. Admins and brokers should select this if you're building a list on behalf of one of your agents.
- Broker/Admin Only: This is intended for broker/admins only. This list will be hidden from the agents and can only contain a Broker's leads.
- Note: Lists can now be made available to all agents to email. See this help article for full details.
5. Click "add people to this list."
Phase 2: Adding Users to Your List
Now that the list has been created, you will need to add leads to it. This can be done in several ways:
- Individually via the List screen
- Individually from the Lead Record
- Bulk adding leads from a Leads List screen, such as My Leads, All Leads or Unassigned Leads
- Bulk adding leads via an Import
- Using Smart Lists to automate adding users to a list
Option 1: Adding Users Individually via the List screen
- Click on the List’s name in Marketing > Lists
- Use "Add a lead" to search for a lead's name and select them from the type ahead
- Click the Add Button.
- Note: You can also manually add Contacts, Agents, and Employees by using the "Manage List Members" dropdown.
Option 2: Adding Users Individually from the Lead record
- Go to Leads > My Leads
- Click on a Lead’s name to go to the Lead Record
- Go to the Marketing tab on the Lead Record
- The screen will display all lists available to the agent. Select one or multiple lists to add the Lead to.
- Click Add
Option 3: Bulk adding leads from a Leads list screen
- Go to Leads > My Leads.
- Please note: Agents can bulk add leads from your My Leads panel. Brokers and Admins can bulk add leads from My Leads, All Leads or Unassigned Leads. Once you have navigated to the right screen, follow the remaining steps.
- Select all the leads that you wish to add to the list
- Use the Bulk Update Leads dropdown menu located at the top of your leads list to select "Add to List"
- A dropdown of all available lists will appear. Select the list you would like to bulk add agents to.
- Click Update. Your leads will now be added to the list.
Option 4: Bulk Adding Leads to a List via an Import
- Go to Leads > Import
- Download the .CSV template from this screen
- Follow the directions in the template explicitly. You will need to open and edit the CSV in a program such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
- When the template is completed return to your browser window
- On the "Add to Marketing" list dropdown choose a New List or Existing List.
- Choosing New List will allow you to create a brand new List populated with the leads you are imported.
- Select the list that you would like the imported leads to be added to.
- Click the choose file link and select your .CSV template
- Click the “Import Leads” button
Option 5: Adding Leads Via Smart Lists
Read the full article on Smart Lists to take advantage of this feature.