Creating Area Profile Pages [Website Builder] Follow
This article is a guide to creating individual Area Profiles on your website. If you are using Website Builder and would like to configure the layout of your Area Profile pages, please see our help article on designing your Area Profile Page Template.
Path: Content > Area Profiles > Create New
1. Create a new Area Profile
2. Name your Area and Add Your Primary Photos
The name you choose for the Area Profile will be displayed and used in different parts of your website, including:
- as the Header text (H1) on your area profile page. If you upload an Area Profile Banner image, the name will overlay the photo.
- in the page path for your area profile. The full page path will be https://www.yourwebsite.com/areas/[area-profile-name]
- in the automatically generated metadata for the page, including the Page Title and Page Meta Description
- on Area Index Pages, Related Area Profiles, and Property Details pages where the Area Profile Cards are displayed
After you name your area, you should upload two photos that will be associated with this Area Profile
- Area Index Page Image: this photo will represent the profile on your Areas Index page (https://www.yourwebsite.com/areas) Recommended size for this photo: 500px X 330 px (width x height)
- Banner image (Hero Image): this photo will stretch across the top of this Area profile. Recommended size for this photo: 1920px wide, height is up to you.
To upload photos, click the Choose File button.
3. Define your Area
Defining your area will specify what MLS data the area profile should represent. This can be done by choosing only one of the four options available:
- Town/neighborhood (in the MLS)
- Area/County (in the MLS)
- Zip Code
- Custom Neighborhood (defined in Settings > Custom Neighborhoods)
Defining your Area will automatically create the following pages on your website:
- a search page that displays all active listings in that area
- a search page that displays all sold listings in that area
- a Market Insights report for that area
4. Display Market Data
As mentioned in the previous section, creating an area profile will automatically create a Market Insights report for this Area. You can choose to display a summary of this market data on the Area Profile by checking the box.
- this setting is enabled by default
- support for this feature requires that your contract supports Market Insights.
- if your MLS does not automatically provide sold data through the feed, the Market Insights data will only include active listings.
5. Add a Video
This area allows you to display a video on your Area Profile. Just enter the embed code for a video that you would like to add. Add an optional header label by entering text in the “Video Header Label” field. This header will display above the video on your Area Profile. If you do not add a video, this section will not display. Recommended iframe size: 960px wide.
6. Add Area Features
Use this section to show off your favorite features about this Area. Link to local features, attractions, restaurants and more. Fill out the "Features Header Label" to display a header above all your Features.
We highly recommend that you create multiple features on this page. Once added, Features can be rearranged by clicking the "Reorder" button or removed by clicking the "Delete" button. If you do not add any Features, this section will not display.
Follow these steps in order to create a Feature:
- Click "Add a feature"
- Enter a Headline (this will display below the Icon)
- Enter an optional caption (this will display below the headline)
- Select an icon to represent the feature on the Area Profile page
- Optional: Add a link to this icon by either selecting a CMS page from the dropdown (if you want to send users to a page on your website) or entering an external link in the URL field.
7. Add Photos to Your Area Profile
Use this section to display a scrolling carousel of photos on your Area Profile. Fill out the "Photos Header Label" field to add a header to this page section.Once added, Photoss can be rearranged by clicking the "Reorder" button or removed by clicking the "Delete" button. If you do not upload any photos, this section will not display.
Follow these steps to add photos to the carousel:
- Click "Add a Picture"
- Upload photos by dragging and dropping one or more photos into the uploader tool.
- After the photos have been uploaded, click the pencil icon to edit the images. You have the option of adding a Header, Caption or both.
8. Write an Area Description
Use this section to include a description of the area that will be most meaningful to your customers. The editor is the same as the body content editor for Content page.
To follow website and SEO best practices, we recommend that you write unique content, at least 2-3 paragraphs, about the local area.
9. Choose Your Map Display Options
Use this section to control the map display options for your Area Profile. Map options control the map on the page. Enable as many of the following settings as you'd like:
- Show map?: Enabling this setting will display a Google Map of the defined area. If you have chosen to display listings on the Area Profile using search pages (see Step 12), pins for those listings will display on this map.
- Show schools? Enabling this setting will display pins on the map for local schools. Website visitors will be able to toggle this data on or off on the Area Profile. The map must be enabled for this setting to work.
- Show Yelp data? Enabling this setting will display local business locations, powered by Yelp. Website visitors will be able to toggle this data on or off on the Area Profile. In order to use this feature, you must enter your Yelp API key in the Admin section of your website, at Settings > Property Display > Integration Settings
- Plot a specific area on the Map? This setting can be used to plot the map display to your specific dimensions. Use this setting if you'd like to display a different view on the map than the one that is automatically generated by the system.
10. Display Sub-Area Profiles and Nearby Area Profiles
Sub-Areas allow you to create an area with in an area (think neighborhoods within a city, or towns within a county). Sub-Areas will will not be linked to from the Area Index page (https://www.yourwebsite.com/areas), but you can display them on the Parent Area Profile.
- Sub-Area Profiles are created by going to Content > Area Profiles and clicking the “+ New Sub Profile” on any existing Area Profile or Sub-Area Profile.
- You can have multiple sub areas and you can drag and drop to reorder them
- Fill out the content on this page by following the same steps in this document.
Nearby Area Profiles allow you to provide links to other area profiles on the current profile page. Simply check off the box next to their name and they will be linked to the current profile.
11. Display Nearby Offices
Use this section to display links to your local real estate offices in this area. All offices you have created in the system will display on this list. Check the box of any office and the link will be created on the Area Profile.
12. Display Relevant Listings on the Area Profile
Use this section to display relevant listings in this area directly on the area profile. You can choose to display Active and/or Sold listings based on the area.
- The system will automatically generate search pages for your selections as follows:
- Active Listings: https://www.yourwebsite.com/[area-profile-name]-active-listings
- Sold Listings: https://www.yourwebsite.com/[area-profile-name]-active-listings
- You can customize the URLs for the search pages before you generate the page. Use the "Active Search Page Path" and "Sold Search Page Path" fields before you create the Area Profile.
- You can limit the listings to specific property types by checking off the desired types before you create the Area Profile.
- Displaying these pages on the Area Profile will create links to the full set of search results on the search pages above
- Display additional listings using different criteria by adding previously existing Search Pages. Just select the Search page from the pre-populated list and the listings will display on your Area Profile.
13. Save Your Area Profile
Click the green Create Area Profile button in the upper right-hand corner to save your Area Profile.