1) To get started, please go to: https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/ and select "Get Started."
2) Next, pick your products. Please select all three options (Maps, Routes, and Places). Then continue.
3) If this is your first time creating an API key, please create a new project first. Give your new project a new and hit the "next" button.
4) Next, you'll be prompted to create a billing account for the project. This is a new requirement for the google maps API key. For more information, please check out our blog.
Once you have set up the billing, you can start creating the API key.
5) Hover over APIs & Services on the Google Cloud Platform menu list on the righthand side of the screen and select Dashboard.
6) From the APIs & Services dashboard, select "Enable APIs and Services"
8) Select "Enable"
- "Directions API"
- "Geocoding API"
- "Places API for Web"
- "Maps Embed API"
10) Go back to the APIs & Services Dashboard, select "Credentials"
11) You'll be brought to the APIs credentials screen, select "Create credentials."
12) Next, select "API key"
13) Copy the created API key and send this to your Propertybase CSM via email or through the account creation form.
***For questions regarding Google's pricing for your API key, please refer to their help guide found here.