How to Create and Send an Email Campaign [Website Builder] Follow
There are two main types of communications that can be sent out from the marketing center: Single Emails and Drip Campaigns.
In order to start building an email or campaign from the marketing center, you will need to have built the following already:
- Layouts or Email Content (or both)
- Email List with contacts
A Single Email is a one-time only email intended to be sent out to a group of leads, contacts, or users.
** To send out an email to a single person, go to that lead, content, or user's record and select the action to send a message (where you can craft a new email message or choose from a previously created email content).
1. Go to Marketing > Campaigns > Create Single Email. Fill in the basic email information and click "Next".
2. Click on "Design Email" to choose the email that will be sent out. At this point, you have the option of building a new email by adding content to a previously created layout ("Choose New Email Content"), or selecting an already created email content to make some final tweaks before sending ("Choose Existing Email Content").
Note: Make sure to fill out the required information, including a delivery date. You will have the option to keep the email as a draft, send it out immediate (with the option to review the email in the next steps), and schedule a delivery date and time.
3. Once the Configure Email step has been completed, you can select recipients for the single email by selecting from a pre-created email list.
4. On the Review page, make sure that you have all of required information (*) filled in. Click on "Activate" if you are ready to send out the email either immediately or on a scheduled delivery date, and "Keep as Draft" if you would like to keep the email as a draft.
A Drip Campaign is a series of emails intended to be sent out to a group of leads, contacts, and users.
1. Go to Marketing > Campaigns > Create Drip Campaign, and follow the steps above for a single email to create your drip campaign.
2. Unlike in a Single Email, you have the option to add in multiple email events with the ability to create or select a different email content for each event (ie - each email that will be sent out in these series of emails). You can also choose from Boston Logic provided email campaigns to have a pre-built drip campaign template to work off of.
3. Schedule a Send Delay for each email event to specify the sequence in which email should be sent out. Each Send Delay is relative to when the campaign is activated - events do not need to be added in the order that they will be sent out in as the system will rearrange these email events based on the send delay that you specify in the "Review" step.
You have the option of choosing from Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, and Months once the numerical unit of time is selected.
4. Once you are done configuring emails, add in your recipients by choosing from an email list and review your campaign. If all of the required information is filled in and you are ready to send out the campaign, click "Activate" to start the time for the send delays. If you are still working on making edits, click "Keep as Draft" to keep the campaign as a draft.
Q: If I remove a recipient and add him/her back in again to a running drip campaign, what will they receive?
A: The previously-removed, re-added recipient will receive the next email event that they were slated to receive in the campaign series, but on a restarted timer. For example, if John Doe had just received Email Event 2 of 4 before being removed, and is added back in, John will be receiving Email Event 3 after its respective Send Delay time has passed starting from when he was added back into the campaign.