What is an Area Profile?
Area Profile pages are hyperlocal resources that help demonstrate your neighborhood expertise and help prospects evaluate a full spectrum of community data to help identify their next home. Area Profile pages include colorful market reports, local dining and entertainment information, nearby schools, and of course available listings.
What is the difference between an individual area profile page and the template?
The page template, which is configured in Website Builder > Page Designer > Area Profiles, determines the overall layout, component order, and default labels for the area profile pages that you create. Once you have designed your page template, go to Content > Area Profiles to create new area profiles as well as add in content and customization on a per component and per page basis. Learn more about creating individual Area Profiles.
How can I design my area profile page template?
In Website Designer > Page Designer > Area Profiles, admins can configure the Area Profile page template by selecting a layout and selecting the different components to include within each section depending on the layout.
To configure the page template, follow the below steps:
- Start by choosing a page layout that will determine the structure of the page (check out the preview on the right side of the page for an idea of what each layout looks like).
Depending on the layout you choose, the page designer will reflect the page sections/columns that the page structure will be organized into.
- Once you select a layout, the Page Layout drag and drop will update to reflect the page structure you have selected, and rearrange the page components accordingly.
- Use your mouse to click on and drag each component/widget to rearrange within each section or to move to a new section altogether.
- Click the red 'X' to remove the component from your template - the widget will be returned to the "Available Components" section, which is an inventory of your leftover components that are not included on the page template.
- Use the orange settings icon to determine a default label for each component. This label will be overridden with a new name on a per page basis if you identify a different label for the component on an individual area profile page (Content > Area Profiles).
How do I create an area profile page?
Once you have configured your Area Profile page template, create your individual area profile pages to fill in the content, details, and features for each area you would like to highlight.
What are the different components that are available?
Each widget in the drag and drop designer tie to a customizable component of an area profile page.
- Area Profile Header: The header is the title of the page, consisting of the name of the page/area and the page caption.
- Active Properties: For each area profile page, you have the option of choosing to display a carousel of active listings for the area as well as specify the property types included within these active listings.
- Additional Search Pages: This widget will include a carousel of listings from specific search pages that you have created (selected per page on a per search page basis) with a button to see more properties on the actual page.
- Associated Developments: This widget will allow you to add in an image and link to any developments that you have created (selected per page on a per development basis).
- Associated Offices: This will allow you to include an office card and a link to office details page (selected per page on a per office basis).
- CMS Content: This will add in content from the CMS page associated with your area profile page. Please note that all CMS content is edited under Content > Pages, and is not visible under Content > Area Profiles.
- Description: This widget displays a summary describing the area as defined per area profile page under Area Description.
- Image Gallery: If you have added individual photos for the area under Pictures, this widget will add in an additional carousel of these images.
- Local Features: Features can be created for each profile page detailing highlights for the area. Including this widget in your page template will display these features when included (on a per page basis).
- Map: This widget will add in a map of listings for your area (as plotted on a per area profile page basis) and/or custom neighborhood.
- Market Insights Snapshot: Including this widget will add in a market insights card with a quick snapshot of market insights based on MLS data for the area.
- Nearby Areas: You can select other area profiles that you have created on a per area profile page basis. Where available, this widget will add in those Area Cards.
- Parent Area: If your area profile page is a sub-profile, you have the option of also displaying its parent area profiles.
- Sold Properties: As with active properties, you have the option to select whether to display a carousel of sold listings for the area and the property types to include.
- Stat Summary: With this widget, you can give your viewers a snapshot of of average sale price, average asking price, and number of properties for sale in your defined area.
- Sub Areas: If your area profile is a parent profile that has sub-area profiles associated with it, this widget will include Area Cards for those sub-areas.
- Video: Include a video highlighting the area to give visitors a more in-depth understanding of the area.
- Walkscore: Provide your site visitors with a quick snapshot of the commutability of the area, including a rating for Walk Score, Bike Score, and Transit Score.