Lead Assignment for a Shared Lead Ownership Model [Website Builder] Follow
The lead ownership model affects the workflow of lead creation/assignment, lead history and website activity records, the admin view, LeadScore calculations, lead management, transactions, and email marketing.
Some front-end page and form views will also change accordingly for leads with a secondary record.
In an exclusive lead ownership model, only one agent is assigned to and working with each lead. With the shared ownership model, please see the below for more details.
With the shared ownership lead model, we will also introduce the concept of a primary lead.
Primary vs Non-Primary
- A Primary Lead is the first lead record created with a given email address.
- Non-primary leads are duplicates of a primary lead, and will have slightly less visibility into a lead’s activity
- A Primary Agent is the agent that is assigned to a primary lead and is determined depending on the way in which the lead is created
How primary lead records are created
When a new/primary lead record is created, the primary agent is…
- Lead created manually
- The agent who created the lead
- Lead created from a signup/contact form on the website
- The agent that the lead chose, or was assigned via lead routing will be the primary agent
- Lead created from a 3rd party source
- Agent on the request, or the agent manually assigned
How duplicate (non-primary) leads are created and assigned
When a duplicate lead record is created from a 3rd party:
- If the existing lead record is unassigned, then assign lead to the agent tied to that request
- If the existing lead record is assigned to a different agent than the request comes with, a new (duplicate) lead record will be automatically created and tied to the new agent.
Reassigning the Primary Agent
Both leads and admins can change the primary agent for a lead.
If the new agent being set as the primary already has a lead record with the same email address, the agent will become the primary agent and keep all of their own lead record information. The other lead record for which the change was being made will become an unassigned record.
TRANSACTION MANAGEMENT INTEGRATION
When the system is connected to a transaction management platform, if the lead for a transaction record already exists and is not assigned to the agent on the transaction, a new duplicate lead record is created and assigned to the agent on the transaction so that the agent will be able to view their respective lead record and transaction information.