Adding a Sitemap to your Google Search console can help get your site noticed!
Step by Step
1. Find your Sitemap by going to www.insert-your-site-here.com/site_map.xml
2. Once you have your Sitemap, go to your Google Search Console and locate your website. Make sure that it is the exact site you would like visited.
3. Go to "Sitemaps" under "Index" on the left side navigation pane
4. If there are old Sitemaps, take the time to remove them. There will be three dots in the top right corner that can be clicked to open this option.
5. Under the "Add a New Sitemap" option, enter the end of the url, after the forward slash ( / ).
6. Google will then verify if the Sitemap can be read. It may take some time before the site is fully crawled.
Q: Is there such a thing as too large of Sitemap?
A: Yes, there is. Please review Google's suggestion regarding size or splitting up Sitemaps
How does this differ for agents?
This is not a function or section of the main website and should be addressed by Admins, Brokers, or Web Designers/Specialists