We want to make sure that your clients get their emails and other marketing. The best way to accomplish this would be by updating your Sender Email Domains. We have set up a new in-site self service section for this which we will step through below.
Rather watch? Scroll down to see our video!
Before Proceeding, please ensure that you have updated your DNS settings for your vanity domain by following the steps in this article. If you are using a vanity domain that is already live and secured, please proceed to Step by Step section.
Step by Step
admin > inline menu > settings > company tab > email settings tab
- Once Navigating to the above section, the Domain box will be available:
- Enter the domain (this is what comes after the “@” symbol in the email addresses) and click Submit.
A pop-up will appear with new records from our email service provider, Sendgrid, that includes your CNAME and TXT Value that needs to be added to your DNS settings to verify your domain.
Keep this screen open while you login to your DNS Provider. You will need to copy and paste the following when creating new CNAME record in your DNS provider for each of the line items provided.
Login to your DNS Provider (example: GoDaddy. Note: your DNS provider may have slightly different layouts, but the process should be similar) Navigate to DNS Records in Domain Management
You will now need to add all 3 new CNAMEs into your DNS Provider. We recommend you taking a screenshot of all current DNS settings here and storing that information somewhere before proceeding also.
Add a new CNAME record
Name: Copy & Paste the CNAME Host from the PBGO screen
Only enter the first part of the CNAME Host (this is what comes before the Domain)
Value: Copy & Paste the full Value from the PBGO screen
Click Add Record
IMPORTANT: Repeat this process until you added 3 new CNAME records into your DNS Provider
The next steps are to verify or create your SPF record in your DNS Provider
In your DNS Provider > DNS Records, locate the TXT (Text) files and review to find your SPF record.
- TXT (if you have no other SPF records already):@= `v=spf1 include:sendgrid.net ~all`
- TXT (if you have any existing SPF records already): = add `include:sendgrid.net` to any existing record.
Verify that your SPF meets the following Data criteria:
1. If you already have an SPF record (TXT record that begins with v=spf1) be sure to add include:sendgrid.net to the existing record prior to the ~all at the end of the record. This can be done by editing the existing SPF record.
2. If you do not already have an SPF record you need to create a new TXT record at the root (not subdomain) with the value: v=spf1include:sendgrid.net~all
- Go back to your Sender Email Domain screen and click Validate
- If you have entered the DNS correctly you will get the green validated checkmark
If there is an error, then you will see Invalid CNAME or Invalid SPF in red and the issue will need to be resolved.
Want to see it in action? Take a look!
Q: What if I have an Gmail.com email address?
A: We are only able to validate email domains you have purchased. We can't verify an email domain unless you own it through Gsuite.
Q: What does Updating the Sender Email Domain do?
A: This is needed to ensure proper delivery of your email marketing and saved searches
Q: I am concerned with changing my settings, what should I do?
A: Client Support can troubleshoot via screenshots, but we also suggest contacting your DNS provider directly as we do not edit our clients DNS records.
How does this differ for agents?
This will be visible for all versions of Propertybase GO for both Admins/Brokers as well as Agents for their individual sites